A Gainesville woman who was driving to a bar with eight children in her van was arrested on DUI and child neglect charges after a minor traffic crash at 1100 W. University Ave. on Friday night, according to arrest reports.
Laws should change. Drunk drivers should each and every one each and every time be charged with attempted murder because that’s exactly what they’re doing when they get behind the wheel.
Lawanda Lowery-Gale, 32, of 1939 NW 31st Ave., was charged with DUI, eight counts of child neglect and driving with a suspended license by the Gainesville Police Department. The incident occurred about 9:50 p.m. when Lowery-Gale side-swiped another car on University Avenue with her Kia van, police reported. In the van were eight children aged 10 months to 14 years. Police said six of the youngsters were her children and two were nieces.
She’s the typical drunk- a multiple offender who has no license and yet is walking the streets, or rather driving the roads anyway- without regard to anyone else or anything else. She should be in prison. All drunk drivers should.
- Drunk drivers will get extra attention (kshb.com)
- State Police on lookout for drunk drivers during holiday (wwltv.com)
- New law cracks down on D.C. drunk drivers (wjla.com)
- Crime › Drunk driver plows into line of cars, killing one motorist (japantoday.com)
- Breaking news: Cyclist killed by suspected drunk driver in Sunset Beach (bikinginla.wordpress.com)