Libertines name every call to holy living and obedience ‘Pharisaism’ in order to demonize holiness and justify disobedience. Because they desire to be neither holy or obedient.
Daily Archives: 16 Apr 2018
Q. Why do Christians refrain from church attendance?
A. Because they want to.
Q. Why do Christians abstain from attending Bible Study?
A. Because they want to.
Q. Why do only 6% of Christians give regularly to their Church?
A. Because 94% don’t want to.
Q. Why do so few Christians share their faith with others?
A. Because they don’t want to share their faith with others.
They make the world what it is my friends….
‘Be sure you mistake not the Spirit of God and its motions, nor receive, instead of them, the motions of satan, or of your passions, pride, or fleshly wisdom.’—It is easy to think you are obeying the Spirit, when you are obeying satan and your own corruptions against the Spirit.
By these fruits the Spirit of God is known:
- 1. The Spirit of God is for heavenly Wisdom, and neither for foolishness nor treacherous craftiness.
- 2. The Spirit of God is a spirit of Love, delighting to do good; its doctrine and motions are for love, and tend to good; abhorring both selfishness and hurtfulness to others.
- 3. He is a Spirit of Concord, and is ever for the unity of all believers; abhorring both divisions among the saints, and carnal compliances and confederacies with the wicked,
- 4. He is a Spirit of Humility and self-denial, making us, and our knowledge, and gifts, and worth, to be very little in our own eyes; abhorring pride, ambition, self-exalting, boasting, as also the actual debasing of ourselves by earthliness or other sin.
- 5. He is a Spirit of Meekness, and patience, and forbearance; abhorring stupidity, and inordinate passion, boisterousness, tumult, envy, contention, reviling, and revenge.
Preaching is a lot like TV weather forecasting. You speak all the time about something you’re passionate about, hoping most people will pay attention twice a year. Gary Yates
Whoever lives alone follows private whims, and is angered by advice of any kind. A fool takes no pleasure in understanding but only in airing an opinion. (Prov. 18:1-2)
Israel365 has partnered with Menorah Books, a division of Koren Publishers in Jerusalem, to publish the first hard-copy edition of The Israel Bible. This new Bible, set to release to the public in June, is the world’s first Bible (Tanakh) centered around the land of Israel, the people of Israel and the dynamic relationship between them. The Israel Bible is designed for both Jewish and non-Jewish readers.
Israel365 promotes the biblical significance and physical beauty of the land of Israel according to Deuteronomy 11:12 in The Israel Bible: “A land which Hashem your God cares for; the eyes of Hashem your God are always upon it, from the beginning of the year even until the end of the year.”
In other words, the meaning of Scripture is tortured so thoroughly that it is no longer recognizable as Scripture at all and the text is so bastardized that it now serves only the political purpose of justifying Israel’s claims to land presently occupied by Arabs and Palestinians.
Pandering to the Zionists should be the title of the volume.
There’s a great little essay here about just those very things.
The time: March 9, 1522, the first Sunday of Lent. The crime scene: a printer’s workshop in Grabengasse, just a stone’s throw from Zurich’s city walls. The first in a series of swissinfo.ch articles marking 500 years of the Reformation is a sizzling thriller.