- You are not a God who takes pleasure in evil, no sinner can be your guest. Boasters cannot stand their ground under your gaze. You hate evil-doers, liars you destroy; the violent and deceitful Yahweh detests. (Ps. 5:4-6 NJB)
- Break the arm of the wicked and evil, seek out wickedness till there is none left to be found. (Ps. 10:15 NJB)
- Arise, Yahweh, confront him and bring him down, with your sword save my life from the wicked (Ps. 17:13 NJB)
- May their own table prove a trap for them, and their abundance a snare; may their eyes grow so dim that they cannot see, all their muscles lose their strength. Vent your fury on them, let your burning anger overtake them. Reduce their encampment to ruin, and leave their tents untenanted, for hounding someone you had already stricken, for redoubling the pain of one you had wounded. Charge them with crime after crime, exclude them from your saving justice, erase them from the book of life, do not enrol them among the upright. (Ps. 69:22-28 NJB)
- Treat them like Midian and Sisera, like Jabin at the river Kishon; wiped out at En-Dor, they served to manure the ground. Treat their leaders like Oreb and Zeeb, all their commanders like Zebah and Zalmunna, … My God, treat them like thistledown, like chaff at the mercy of the wind. As fire devours a forest, as a flame sets mountains ablaze, so drive them away with your tempest, by your whirlwind fill them with terror. Shame written all over their faces, let them seek your name, Yahweh! Dishonour and terror be always theirs, death also and destruction. (Ps. 83:9-17 NJB)
The Psalmists were more honest in their prayers than nearly all Christians.