Donald Trump has rightly expressed concern for the children of Syria (though he seems to care nothing for the adults of that country being systematically exterminated by the butcher Assad). So, in response to Assad’s war crimes what does Trump do?
- He informs the Russians that he is ordering a strike.
- The Russians inform their Syrian allies.
- The Syrians move their equipment from the strike site.
- Trump’s strike is carried out.
- Trump can boast that he is doing something for the ‘Syrian babies’.
- Trump’s gullible followers can applaud his decisive leadership.
The fact is, this strike was a publicity stunt. Did Trump truly care for someone other than himself he would throw open wide the doors of America and airlift Syrian children and their parents who live in areas where Assad’s butchers are killing them into our country.
But Trump won’t do that. Because Americans love war. They are impressed by it. Even if it is waged as a diversionary farce by a man who never should have been elected Commander in Chief. Consequently it isn’t just Trump who has hands covered with the blood of Syrian children (and their parents) it is all those who have enabled and continue to enable him to carry out his vile policy of hatred as manifested in his (and their) refusal to welcome Syrian refugees.