Many, many thanks to the good folk at Wiley for sending a review copy of Alister McGrath’s forthcoming Emil Brunner: A Reappraisal.
In Emil Brunner: A Reappraisal, renowned theologian Alister E. McGrath presents a comprehensive intellectual history of Emil Brunner, the highly influential Swiss theologian who was instrumental in shaping modern Protestant theology.
- Explores Brunner’s theological development and offers a critical engagement of his theology
- Examines the role that Brunner played in shaping the characteristics of dialectical theology
- Reveals the complex and shifting personal and professional relationship between Brunner and Barth
- Delves into the reasons for Brunner’s contemporary neglect in theological scholarship
- Represents the only book-length study of Brunner’s works and significance in the English language