From Letter of Marque–
According to scripture, they’re not successful because they’ve tapped into the latest movement of the Spirit, or because their on the cutting edge of revival or because they’ve found a way to communicate the timeless truths of scripture in fresh relevant ways. Nope. Here’s what God says: “Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. They are from the world; therefore they speak from the world, and the world listens to them. We are from God. Whoever knows God listens to us; whoever is not from God does not listen to us. By this we know the Spirit of truth and the spirit of error.” (1 John 4:4–6).
There’s more that’s very much worth considering. I find this argument much more scriptural and much more theologically adept and accurate (mutatis mutandis) than the claims of the defenders of the mega churches and their ‘pastors’ who are, sadly, less informed than they imagine themselves to be.
- Mega-Churches: A Parable (zwingliusredivivus.wordpress.com)
- Total Depravity: The Singapore Mega-Church ‘Pastor’ Fraud Edition (zwingliusredivivus.wordpress.com)
- The Mega-Church Scam (zwingliusredivivus.wordpress.com)
- WEST defines a Mega Church finally! (atwistedcrownofthorns.com)
- Mega Church Leader Recants Methods – New Survey Shows Spiritual Stagnation According to The Casual Christian (prweb.com)