A seven-year-old Indian girl was murdered in a tribal sacrifice and her liver offered to the gods to improve crop growth, police in the central state of Chhattisgarh said on Sunday. The body of Lalita Tati was found in October one week after her family reported her missing. “A seven-year-old girl was sacrificed by two persons superstitiously believing that the act would give a better harvest,” Narayan Das, the police chief of Bijapur district, told AFP by telephone. The two men was arrested on Wednesday on suspicion of killing the girl and offering her liver to the gods in a grisly tribal ceremony. Police said the men had confessed to the crime. The girl was murdered in a jungle district of Chhattisgarh that is a stronghold of rebel Maoists who have tapped into disaffection among local tribal groups.
Purely vile and perfectly evil. Via Antonio Lombatti on FB.
- Child killed‚ liver offered to gods (thehimalayantimes.com)
- Girl, 7, murdered and had liver cut out for ‘sacrifice’ in India (mirror.co.uk)
- Child sacrificed, liver offered to gods (smh.com.au)
- Police: Indian child killed as human sacrifice (cbsnews.com)
12. Do something really nice — that no one knows about.
11. Spend more money on other people than I spend on my self. Love my neighbor as I love myself. And love myself as I love my neighbor.
10. Laugh often… especially at advertisements that try to convince me that I must buy more stuff in order to be happy.
9. Learn a new life skill – like carpentry, pottery, or canning vegetables. Teach someone else I life skill I know how to do.
8. Love a few people well, remembering that what is important is not how much we do but how much love we put into doing it.
7. Write a letter to someone I need to say thank you to. Write another letter to someone I need to ask to forgive me.
6. Track down a critic or someone I disagree with and take them to lunch. Listen to them.
5. Compliment someone I have a hard time complimenting… and mean it.
4. Choose life. Do something regularly to interrupt the patterns of injustice – do something to end violence, bullying, war, capital punishment and other mean and ugly things.
3. Pause before every crisis and ask “will this matter in 5 years?”
2. Get outside often and marvel at things like fireflies and shooting stars. And regularly get my hands into the garden… so when I type on the computer I can see dirt under my fingernails.
1. Believe in miracles. And live in a way that might necessitate one.
None of which has anything to do with religion- unless you’re an Oprah-esque, Joel Osteen-ish New Ager pagan. If you need the HuffPo’s ‘religion’ writer to guide you bewarned- it’s a simple case of the blind leading the blind.
FUCHSBERG JERUSALEM CENTER
8 Agron Street, Jerusalem
MONDAY EVENING FORUM
LECTURES & DISCUSSIONS IN ENGLISH
Monday January 16
THE JAMES OSSUARY “FRAUD” TRIAL IN JERUSALEM:
A REPORTER’S NOTEBOOK
with Matthew Kalman, foreign correspondent and filmmaker
Via. If you’re in Jerusalem surely you should go. If you’re in Israel anywhere, you should. It’s a small country and you can get to Jerusalem in a few hours from anywhere.
Ok well this is bizarre. The laptop which I use for my main work computer, which hasn’t been working, now is. How? I took the battery out. With the battery removed windows loads as expected and all is well.
So while it’s working I’m going to upload materials to Dropbox (even though I have most of my stuff backed up on flash drives) – stuff I need daily.
It is all very odd though. Very odd. But I shall soldier on and you shall notice scant interruption in service.
My usual work computer seems to have died. Tragically- which is very bad news indeed since so much of my stuff is on it. Fortunately it’s all backed up but it’s still going to be a massive hassle to use this netbook until I can replace it.
Only because I’m sure you want to know, right? At any rate, here it is-
9 There [at Horeb, Elijah] went into a cave and spent the night. The LORD ’s word came to him and said, “ Why are you here, Elijah? ”
10 Elijah replied, “ I’ve been very passionate for the LORD God of heavenly forces because the Israelites have abandoned your covenant. They have torn down your altars, and they have murdered your prophets with the sword. I’m the only one left, and now they want to take my life too! ”
11 The LORD said, “ Go out and stand at the mountain before the LORD . The LORD is passing by. ”
A very strong wind tore through the mountains and broke apart the stones before the LORD . But the LORD wasn’t in the wind. After the wind, there was an earthquake. But the LORD wasn’t in the earthquake. 12 After the earthquake, there was a fire. But the LORD wasn’t in the fire. After the fire, there was a sound. Thin. Quiet. 13 When Elijah heard it, he wrapped his face in his coat. He went out and stood at the cave’s entrance. A voice came to him and said, “ Why are you here, Elijah? ”
14 He said, “ I’ve been very passionate for the LORD God of heavenly forces because the Israelites have abandoned your covenant. They have torn down your altars, and they have murdered your prophets with the sword. I’m the only one left, and now they want to take my life too. ”
15 The LORD said to him, “ Go back through the desert to Damascus and anoint Hazael as king of Aram. 16 Also anoint Jehu, Nimshi’s son, as king of Israel; and anoint Elisha from Abel-meholah, Shaphat’s son, to succeed you as prophet. 17 Whoever escapes from the sword of Hazael, Jehu will kill. Whoever escapes from the sword of Jehu, Elisha will kill. 18 But I have preserved those who remain in Israel, totaling seven thousand—all those whose knees haven’t bowed down to Baal and whose mouths haven’t kissed him.” I Ki 19:9-18 (CEB)
Neat, right? And the translation ‘thin. quiet’ in verse 12 is far superior to ‘a still small voice’ which is not at all what the Hebrew text has. Not even remotely.
Occupy people are going to occupy, get this, the Rose Bowl Parade. I guess because, as everyone knows, the seat of corruption in American society resides in parades…
On Monday, Occupy demonstrators will march at the tail end of the Rose Parade in Pasadena, Calif. About 300 have been given permission to march the entire route, although not as an official float. The parade, sociologists say, is one of the last bastions of American community: The event will be seen by an estimated 50 million television viewers, as well as the 700,000 that line the parade route. Adding protesters to a tradition that furthers togetherness has become a source of debate.
What was once simply a bunch of disgruntled iPad using Birkenstock wearing hippy-wanna-bes desirous of having others pay their self incurred college and credit card debt has now become a coterie of simpletons without direction or purpose.
A shame, really, since it makes American’s look rather silly- especially in parts of the world where revolutionary movements cost lives. Can you imagine the Syrians marching at the back of a Government sponsored parade… absurdity.
Which you can check out here. I hate to say it, but this is what happens when people with beards do things… 😉
Via Joseph Lauer, a string of links-
“G. Barkay’s idea” at http://gath.wordpress.com/2011/12/29/g-barkays-idea/ (summarizing Dr. Barkay’s presentation, with comments; and see the comments posted there by readers, including George Grena and Robert Deutsch)
Dr. Jim West (with links) at https://zwingliusredivivus.wordpress.com/2012/01/01/more-on-the-jerusalem-bulla/
Dr. Jim Davila’s PaleoJudaica (with links) at http://paleojudaica.blogspot.com/2011_12_25_archive.html#2425456898756844197
George Athas’s “Another Ancient Seal from Jerusalem (c.700 BC)” (with a discussion, comments and links) at http://withmeagrepowers.wordpress.com/2012/01/02/another-ancient-seal-from-jerusalem-c-700-bc/
Ferrell Jenkins’ “‘Gibeon, for the king’ bulla discovered” (with comments and links) at http://ferrelljenkins.wordpress.com/2011/12/30/gibeon-for-the-king-bulla-discovered/
Yisrael Medad’s “Valuable Garbage and Bulla For You” at http://myrightword.blogspot.com/2011/12/valuable-garbage-and-bulla-for-you.html
That should keep the interested busy for a bit.
- For the King, From Gibeon (zwingliusredivivus.wordpress.com)