Evidently Facebook doesn’t want to be left behind and they’ve seen Google’s ‘circles’ feature and so they’ve put together their own equivalent feature.
A word of advice to all you who have Joel Watts as a FB friend- make sure he’s in the lowest circle, so he gets used to it… just sayin…
To make lists incredibly easy and even more useful, we’re announcing three improvements:
- Smart lists – You’ll see smart lists that create themselves and stay up-to-date based on profile info your friends have in common with you–like your work, school, family and city.
- Close Friends and Acquaintances lists – You can see your best friends’ photos and posts in one place, and see less from people you’re not as close to.
- Better suggestions – You can add the right friends to your lists without a lot of effort.
Friend Lists are completely optional. If you don’t like lists, you don’t have to use them.
- Facebook’s Smart list V/S Google+ Circles (dirtech.wordpress.com)
- Facebook Smart Lists borrow Google+ circles (slashgear.com)
- Facebook rolling out ‘smart lists’ of friends (windsorstar.com)