Here you go. Here’s one emergent’s vision of what worship ought to look like:
- Services designed to be user-friendly and contemporary must change to services that are designed to be experiential and spiritual-mystical.
- Stained-glass that was taken out of churches and replaced with video screens should now be brought back into the church on video screens.
- Lit up and cheery sanctuaries need to be darkened because darkness is valued and displays a sense of spirituality.
- The focal point of the service that was the sermon must be changed so that the focal point of the service is a holistic experience.
- Use of modern technology that was used to communicate with a contemporary flare must change so that church attendees can experience the ancient and mystical (and use technology to do so).
The ideology of idolatrous and heretical ’emergent’ ‘christianity’ is anti-God pro-anthropocentrism. For emergents, worship isn’t about God, it’s about you.
But that’s exactly backwards. Worship, true worship, isn’t about you, it’s about God. The emergent movement is old heresy in new clothing. For emergents, culture replaces Christ and self replaces the Holy Spirit.